10.15.2002

Back in Oakville, thank god, things are back to normal.

One Caress,
My shoulder to your chest,
the pale winter in your eyes,
I tried to hold on to an instant,
silently swept me by,
here's to the endearing embraces,
my nervous lips and your expressions while you sleep

....

I was bewildered at the sight,
I sensed the coming words,
as cold as they are,
those nights stain my skin,
I thought the worst was over,
imagine the surprise,
hit me from behind,
my euphoric glow died,
the dereliction emerged,
contained in my tired eyes,
the falling answers,
a fresh forming dismay,
derived from your incinerating discourse,
you knew every step you placed,
the privation I endured,
I heightened you beyond the sun,
I told everyone,
the mysteries you'd undone,
the marathon's you'd outrun,
I made myself a fool for your deception,
it's getting late now,
but i can't forget your face.

No comments: