4.14.2003

The longer I wait
The less I believe those benevolent words,
Is this a test?
Sorry I’m not as structured as the rest,
I live concealed,
I hide the best I can,
if you don’t chase me, I won’t return,
it’s not to say I don’t feel the same,
as if my effort weren’t little enough,
you were on an elevated level,
so why should I try,
if I’ve never been good enough to suit you,
you may say a modest otherwise,
but you can’t view this through my eyes,
Do I deserve the elated state I disguise?
Can’t you see I’m separating?
My decadence released,
I’m struggling, but what for?
Neurotic illusions,
Only demise can arise when perfection is present,
I doubt the trust you lay before me,
If you cared that much would I know it?
I feel ashamed burning time much too quickly,
your euphoric eminence inculcates,
how could I learn to erase your essence.

No comments: