6.15.2004

This pretend game,
With you and me,
Acting like we’re something,
But you could never put forth what it takes to be committed,
Even though I wish you would,
Say it say it, you want only me,
Romantic ideals appear but vanish quickly,
When reality hits,
It happens solely in movies,
Why can’t my life turn out that way?
One day I hope you’re ready,
If not for me, she better deserve it,
You might come around after it’s too late,
After I’ve long given up on you,
It’s the way karma runs,
I might play a fool for you now,
But this dreaded love can’t last,
It’s probably just made up in my head,
If you don’t love me yet, there’s not much that could change,
I am what’s set before you,
How unexciting unfolded,
Could you walk awhile in my dreams,
Tell me things you can’t say aloud.

No comments: