1.03.2006

how do they find me?
it’s like a repetitious sad sorry song,
how many times will i meet the same person in one life?
make me your prisoner,
break me down until i’m at your mercy,
when will it be on my terms?
learn to let you down,
every time i try and fight,
i surrender under pressure,
wanting you to never let me go,
why do i think time might change your mind?
i’m only abdicating my power,
so tired of forever being underfoot,
why do i have to be everything to everyone?

this is how i say goodbye,
i came apart for you too many times,
i can’t stand beside you,
when you treat me so badly,
when the moment hits, you’re saying what you know i want to hear,
after i’ve given in, you toss me away like I don’t mean a thing,
i’ve seen who you are underneath,
my ears take in the stories miles long,
what you’re doing purposely,
maybe one day you’ll grow up,
show up at my door with an apology,
i feel so stupid, mistaking your lies for truth,
my hopeful heart, deceived by you,
now i’m letting you out from under my skin,
get out, get gone,
i’m going to be the first to break this habit,
burn this bridge, i’ll never cross again,
may life be good to you.

No comments: