6.25.2006

This is not okay,
it’s impossible to unravel,
What’s keeping me glued to the ground,
I can’t move,
Something is pressing me down,
I feel air escaping,
Out of my lungs,
On strike from life,
a much needed hiatus,
please pick me up,
unfold this heap of me,
I can’t break out,

With these tears may a garden grow,
Lighten my load,
Line life with a pretty row,
And with an ambient sound,

Lost my luster,
Giving into your oppression,
Now I’m sick with regret,
A case unkind,
Too many wrongs you have to right,
I’ll make it work
Against your will,

I applaud your assault,
Look at how it flattened me,
Was that the idea?
I started off so strong,
You should have realized,
I am made of diffidence,
Bared by your reticence,

This solemn strain that I have gained,
Loosens knots that I fought to keep tied.

No comments: