1.11.2007

My fragmented mind,
A calming obsolesce,
Your presence, once dispersive, I have outgrown
I am renascent without the love of another,
A perfectly timed chasm

Your excuses are so docile and effortless,
All your stories have no ends,
I can’t agree you’ve outsmarted me,
I’ve finally learned not to let you,
I wasn’t dumb, just full of compassion,

It’s hard to detach myself from you,
You’ve been an underlying force in my life,
But this is history now, let’s leave the dust in the pages,
The benevolence, I dropped my own engagements to provide for you,

the adulation I spit to please you,
your unrequited appreciation shamed my benign,
after allowing your hands to reconstruct me,
I felt like a prisoner in the war to amplify you,
Am I the artist to this disaster?

The more I cling to what we have left,
The more eager you are to run,

My body’s ambulant,
But my heart’s held by inertia,
While your eyes were occupied I found a wall to fit between us.

No comments: