4.12.2007

I hit the trigger to turn your toxicity on,
Where in the night did I find it?
The first could be no mistake,
If I found myself in your arms twice
Finally released, I felt at ease enough to be me,
You seemed pleased until the light licked your window.
What wore off in two hours time?
Grant me mercy, toss me a clue,
What instantaneously changed you?
From entertaining my lips to recovering from the blade of your sharp-edged tongue.
You held me tightly,
but I awoke shivering from your imprudence.
Were there words that displeased you?
As soon as I allowed myself to let you in,
you morphed into this monster.
It’s the unwarranted actions that bruise me,
I can’t forget the way it felt to be pressed against you,
There are no breaks,
only loss after loss for nice girls like me.

No comments: