5.11.2008

TIME FOR AN UPDATE!!!

I have neglected the poetry since before my European trip and now that i'm back I have just been focusing all my energy and thoughts on moving to London in the fall. I've been a giant emanating ball of nerves since I realized the painstaking process of becoming an international student. However it all seems to be falling into place and I feel confident saying that in nearly 4 months I will be a student at Central Saint Martins, Uni of the Arts London!!!!!

Today was an exciting and inspiring day. I visited with my mum, brothers and sister-in-law and was able to feel my little nephew kicking! I can't wait until he arrives in 10 weeks.

Later, I was checking my favourite graphic artist, Silja Goetz's website for new work and realized how badly I yearned for the perfection in her sketches. My talent for drawing rests at about the level of a 6 year old. Perplexed by this matter, and the fact I was enrolled in an arts Uni, I felt there was no better way to refine my capacity than to practice. So I had a go at drawing and seem to be improving drastically! What do you think? Is there any hope for me?

(See above: Right page = the two year old scribbles that were the previous extent of my abilities. Left page = my current level of capabilities).

No comments: