11.08.2009

You come in at the right time,
Conducive to my condition,
Last time I felt nothing,
But why then does this nervousness arise?
Must mean you haven’t let me go,
I’d like you to persist with a greater force,
Make it a public profession,
love me until you are barren.
May the knowledge of my departure lure the words to your lips.

I can almost feel the air change,
when you walk towards me.
It’s as though we’ve reverted back several years,
And the way you used to want me,
Here we lay as adults needing,
The romance of our youth,
What it meant and still means,
I haven’t sorted out.
And you ask me the criminal question,
“what are you thinking?”
for once the inquiry wasn’t mine.
I answer nothing in honesty,
But you suspect a lie.
I want to shred your diffidence,
Cultivated love.
I cannot be so inclined, to rely on encounters of this kind.
Only embrace the mere moments I have to swathe you.

And you joke cruelly, but I have been inoculated.
I still adore your foul mouth.
I’ll take it while your hands mat my hair.
Criticize my city and boast about your own,
I wait for an enticing invitation, to share your home.
Your ambiguous insinuations,
As we sway by stars and candlelight.
You drop the brash as tenderness takes over.
All my senses screaming.

No comments: