2.01.2012

I wrote this while at work last night. I fixed it up a bit below!



A quick succession,
feign the fortitude,
no resilience against your unrepentant repeal.
Erasure of any trace of history,
distinct in the way you speak.
I'll bandage my heart,  restart and efface,
Leave you believing I was stronger than I could be.
Placate this raging wave.
I had to fall prey,
a humourless mistake,
to have you torture me in such a depleting way.
A lethal lashing, you unknowingly distribute.
A pitiful piercing I pursued with persistence.
Unspoken truce, affirmation received in riddles.

This cruel city has swallowed me,
I live day to day so absently.
Not mine to grieve,
yet I bereave,
near insanity.
A fusion of formality and fissure,
a chip in the bone,
a crack in the core.
Follow me phonetically.
Your face once adored, I abhor.

A salty sealant,
assail me abstractly,
a slated complacency.

No comments: