11.16.2002

Can you still feel my fingers trace circles on your back?
I was certain it was in your arms that I belonged,
this is so unlike you,
but are you scared by the feelings you found?
were you overwhelmed by guilt?
why did you deny yourself from such perfection,
is hurting me the answer?
did pushing me away cure your misery?
I know you felt as much as I,
you were dying inside,
needed my kiss before you shattered to pieces,
now you've run away,
you can't control your actions,
it was never me, always the blamed,
it's yours for the taking,
my power over you makes you feel like less of a man,
you can't take it,
pressuring you until you crack,
you'd never accept true happiness,
you don't feel like you deserve it,
i'm starting to agree with you,
sad you'd turn down the one chance you had,
to outlet all the pain and passion you keep inside,
so fragile and small you have become,
no sight for a weak heart like mine,
you captured me with a beautiful voice,
but it can't win you everything,
look what you missed out on.

~*~

You'll never do better,
I actually believe what they've been saying,
I have to laugh,
when I remember what I ever saw in you,
I gave so much,
nothing in return,
wasn't a lot I wouldn't do for you,
why did I fall for you?
should have seen this from the beginning,
you weren't good enough for me,
you never tried to match the love I had for you,
you can't even express yourself,
held so much from me,
how could you have sufficed,
when I told you everything,
I asked the sky for answers,
it explained more than you,
you never made sense,
i'm still buried in confusion,
this puzzle you left me to unfold,
will it ever reveal the truth,
the reasoning behind,
you sold me out,
to beggars and thieves,
open up and let me in,
everyday without you feels like a sin.

No comments: