11.16.2002

Look at me,
I can stand proud without you,
I think i'm happier this way,
nothing should change,
you took up too much time,
what a shame I wasted more than a little,
at least now I don't have to worry anymore,
i'm comfortable now,
this is me,
not the desolate stranger I used to be,
you formed me with your bare hands,
I couldn't conform to the way you wanted me,
look at me bounce back,
submerged in all things that lead me to contentment,
I could never devote myself to someone devoid of any emotion besides misery,
how can you live that way?
you're the last detail I sought after,
was I always just the answer to your desperation?

~*~

From the backseat,
jammed in tight,
you're that close,
stretched across and heavy,
I can see you're looking in all the wrong directions,
so you're hurt, doesn't mean you've lost all your charm,
it's working on me,
you're too blinded to see,
if you've got any love inside to spare,
I can use some charity,
only if you will,
there's a discovery unfurling before your eyes,
do you look right past it?
you probably know any way,
no words are necessary,
I can say what I feel,
but it only gets me in trouble,
hasn't been returned in ages,
what's the use of risking it,
maybe in a little while,
when your wounds have healed over,
we can meet again in a different light,
i'll take you and keep you safe and warm.

No comments: