2.27.2003

And you typed out the sweetest things
the entire song and it’s contents,
how you felt,
how I felt too,
and it all melted away,
I can’t seem to pass it,
I’m caught in the breaking, still frozen,
Paralyzed by the end of the surprise,
I can’t believe it’s come to this,
I only listen to the songs that describe you,
And how I feel,
How you used to feel,
I hate to see the confirmation coming,
Must’ve forgotten what I look like,
You haven’t seen the change,
This time there’s no room for improvement,
Why am I running, pretending it never happened,
As if my pace quickening kills the sound,
You’re sending me somewhere I can’t stand to be,
So much for the truth, now who’s insecure,
No one’s ever turned me into this,
Needing never wanting more,
How endless you appear,
I’m sorry for the damage,
It’s only fair I take the fall this time,
You stopped me when I thought I was right,
And you’ve lost your compassion,
Again and again,
You’re the ghost of my conception,
All this trouble I’ve caused,
It cost me you,
and how you felt,
And how I’ll always feel.

No comments: