2.27.2003

Don’t expect anything from me,
I won’t warn you before I leave,
And when I’m gone I won’t think of you,
Keep my head looking forward,
You will stay where I left my defeats,
As far as I’m concerned,
I kept the promise I made,
5 days until I can breathe,
without your insensitivity,
past your pale pollution,
I thought you’d separate yourself from the rest,
But you proved me so wrong,
I vow to be the one who you let get away,
And I travel so far while you wonder who you are,
Find yourself incomplete in my absence,
There will be no disarming captivity,
I was a fool to my own judgment,
But I won’t be beaten by your successions,
Why should I accept your irreverence?
How can you hold so much distaste,
for someone you once claimed to love,
confused by flirtatious invitations you were sending,
and you become so detached from our conversation,
finally you justify your answer I didn’t want to hear,
delegating the dissonant lapse unto me,
you’re so thick you’re not worth the dereliction.

No comments: