2.18.2004

Leave me here with my remarks,
It’s a fool’s playground,
This world,
You all look the same,
Sound the same, move the same way,
Play the same games,
Brush me away, save your distaste for the next day,
None of this makes any sense,
Your defensiveness,
A little problem you can’t fix,
A little pain and you get your kicks,
How funny is it really?
Abandoning what you can’t control,
What happened to fighting for what you want?
You just sit back and watch it blow past,
Emotions unfamiliar, you’re suppressing,
Do you really think it doesn’t show?
What keeps you keep up this charade?
I’ll stay indoors and wait for you to burn in the sun,
Maybe someday you’ll discover,
Why it is you suffer so discreetly,
Not an enviable place to be,
How does it feel to deprive yourself?
I couldn’t understand anyone,
With your mentality,
Dysfunctional, fucked up,
How does it feel to be looked at like that?

No comments: