11.05.2002

I know the next time,
I see you, i'll be numb,
when you look at me,
I won't be weakened,
you'll sit in your dark corner,
making eyes with all the options,
but that won't last,
until your empty glass hits the table,
you will arise,
searching for someone you'll never find,
i'll be on the other side of the door,
moving on, moving up,
you're shrinking, losing your head,
maybe that's an improvement,
it's best for all of us,
my heart's safe out of your reach,
you'll never know a touch more divine than mine,
the pieces never will,
fit together, your actions go unexplained,
is your mind that empty?
couldn't you see how much I cared?
you're too much unlike the person I first met,
that possessed your name,
you aren't the same,
what an unanticipated twist,
how could you, how could you?
but i'm weary enough to forget,
what did you expect from me?

No comments: