11.03.2002

The ramblings after the effects of tequila rose/peach schnapps and gin.

If positions were flipped,
and it was me up there,
would you be held captive in my voice?
i'd have you under my control,
would i care?
can't you rescue me from this despair,
and it's quiet when i think,
thoughts of you above me,
it's too hard to hate you,
for making me so naive,
i stepped out in the snow today,
caught snowflakes on my tongue,
all the while wishing you were beside me,
how can love be so simple to disguise,
when it bursts from my seams,
do i melt your heart sometimes?
is there any way to get through to you,
have you built defenses,
to keep me out,
have i gotten close?

~*~

it's no secret anymore,
when you press your face to mine,
and say what you said,
hands in my hair,
it's become publicly aware,
this time it was your mistake,
it doesn't make any sense,
when you try to hide it,
the next our fingers intwined,
all the world can see,
isn't that what's keeping us apart?
the bind has broken,
we layed it out clear,
for everyone to witness,
so why'd you let loose?
you were all over me,
it's so obvious now,
so why are we still pretending?
if regret overcomes you,
i will walk away from us,
leave you to figure out where you went wrong,
i've done everything i can,
if it's not enough,
your offer's not good enough.

No comments: