1.27.2003

And I should watch my mouth,
Wash it of all the things I say,
Without being careful, I am hurtful,
I don’t mean to cause your tears,
You have a way of making me feel so guilty,
Countless efforts I endure to for you to avoid,
But you disregard all I lay before you,
The first to put my defensives up,
The last to let them down,
I have nothing to hide,
But in you I cannot confide,
Wounds even I could never understand,
Have gracefully grown with me,
But still this happiness inside me I carry,
In my darkest moments you pry into my mind,
Hoping to withdraw this irate poison,
But behind it I am frail,
Pulling myself in all directions,
Offering solace, all I can give,
Its my corrosion,
You never retire from your efforts to salvage,
Despite their unremitting failure,
Set your exertions to rest,
You can’t destroy my demons.

No comments: