1.26.2003

This place I hate
How I can’t do anything
Even in my own space,
Trying to mold me into another you,
I’m not like you, I’ll never conform,
Close my eyes and in the darkness
I can flee from your interrogation,
Think without hearing your opinion,
I never asked to hear it,
So leave me alone,
Every minute there’s silence, you’re invading,
All the words I say slip through your mind,
Lost somewhere, why can’t you listen?
Living isn’t easy when you’re always on my back,
What gave you reason not to trust,
Or the notion that I can’t think for myself,
Are my decisions to your revulsion?
this life does not belong to you,
you can’t live again through me,
there’s no sense in telling me,
my goals, my dreams, who I should be,
it’s a fictitious understanding,
I won’t measure up to your expectations,
I won’t even bother to try.

No comments: