1.24.2003

You’re waving wildly and you’re frantic,
How can I fall when my heart is retracting,
I thought I could, I was sure I would,
Burning my tongue while I think about you,
Wishing that all things were simple,
I just want to sleep until this ends,
Never mean to hurt anyone,
Always works out that everyone’s alone,
I’m sorry I can’t be that person,
Spilling lies, convince reality to part,
Doomed to skip the highs of life,
I believe I’m cursed,
I know your intentions were sincere,
But suddenly the room grew crowded,
I choked on your incursion,
You tell me all these things you think I am,
I’m not sure you know what really rests inside,
Forget my face, obliterate my eyes,
It’s been done before,
You could never love someone as severed as I,
Embedded in my mind, scenes I’ll never see through,
I write the words I feel, do they ever feel them too?
It’s a sadistic cycle,
Where’s your expressive side?
This gift I exude, an attempt to defy,
Each too spineless to respond.

No comments: