11.17.2003

I can’t be bothered, I can’t be put up to your tests,
Making me feel as though I’m wanted,
Then throwing it all away,
Your typical dramatic flair,
Romance leads to unfulfilled desire,
flying red flags, signaling you’re much too close,
to something you fear, you will never confess,
words that should come easily,
you press into yourself,
no one will ever know you,
what your heart says,
the root of your confusion,
Why am I a part of your careless ignition?
Toss me out as soon as you get the chance,
I don’t this in my life,
I don’t want to feel like I’m never good enough for you,
Impatience driving me to anger,
I can’t take it, been carried on far too long,
i’m breaking myself off from you,
taking the world in, living without you,
deeply breathing, exalting freedom,
no longer a slave to your dictation,
too independent to be tied to your lips,
your vindictive incursions,
impurity finds me as it leaks your soul,
that’s the symbol you’ve carved,
it's not fair that you win everything.

No comments: