11.21.2003

Where I left my plane,
Where I took off,
How I found myself a new land to claim,
How I wished that you were with me,
All the while you were atrocious,
You held innocence,
The pieces of you that I kept,
Can’t breathe without the rest,
But I won’t revive your soul,
The impulse to tend to your cries,
Wrap my ears in silence,
So I don’t hear your voice anymore,
Our encounters I take to the grave,
This box of questions remain unanswered,
Thanks to your generous mouth,
How I hoped one day you’d show me,
What I stayed for,
What little fulfillment you allow,
What affection you saw fit,
You withdraw in the best of hours,
It’s deadening,
You come and retract,
Appear and descend,
Mend my broken mind,
Words kill meaning when conflict hits,
Make what you will with what you’re given,
There’s only one life left in me to lose.

No comments: