9.03.2004

Desperate to seek the truth,
Imagining you showing up at my door,
Take me in your arms,
Tell me you’ve loved only me,
Always me,
She was just a summer fling,
While you were waiting for my return,
If you knew I was a sure thing,
Would you run back to me?
I’m so mad at myself,
For hesitating an eternity,
What could I say to convince you,
That it should be us, not you and her,
Do I still reign in your heart?
Do you shut her out kuz I taught you to?
I can’t stop my brain from ticking,
Funny how when I ask what’s new,
You don’t mention her existence,
Do you think I’d already know?
how would i?
how long has it been?
No wonder you’ve been so preoccupied,
I guess my sneaking suspicion was right.
I hate knowing, I hate thinking of the two of you,
And what we could have had.
Maybe you’ll miss me too much to stay apart.
You were my everything for many years,
My safety net, incase I tripped over my life,
Now I’m headed backwards at 100 miles per hour,
And you wouldn’t know it.
Call me a home wrecker, I’ve come to claim what’s mine.

No comments: