9.02.2004

I always figured I’d end up with you,
I had no idea our ending would come so soon,
She can’t replace the years we spent,
The impact it takes to fall in love,
It’s hard to imagine you with anyone,
Has she taken over the way you felt for me?
The light in your eye when I enter the room,
It hasn’t changed,
Would you believe me if I told you?
Would you even care?
what if I don’t let you get away?
I’m trying hard to keep it locked inside,
But I’m trembling and weighted down,
I don’t want to move,
Just stare at nothing,
Waiting for the ache to wash over me,
I can’t believe my misfortune,
How could I not foresee the irony?
I’m listening to the same songs you held me to,
One summer too short,
I was so happy when I came to my conclusion,
To put an end to our miserable separation,
Now I’m just lost in sorrowful confusion,
Singing myself to tears,
I have a list of songs I’d dedicate to you,
If you would hear me out,
Maybe hearing my voice would make you remember why I meant so much,
Do you notice my heavy footsteps in your dreams,
Making a scene, so you think of me,
Whispering my name to your mind,
"Get up and leave,
You don’t have to wait any longer,
So come on and capture me,"
i’m in so deep there’s no hope for sleep,
you better rescue me,
i'm counting on you.

No comments: